Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Finance Manager to work in the Arlington, VA headquarters.
General Functions and Responsibilities
Finance Manager will be responsible for preparing and maintaining the company’s financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit and tax compliance, and various special analyses. An exceptional candidate will be comfortable working independently, managing a wide range of financial responsibility, and providing financial insight and guidance to the executive management team. Finance Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of our corporate accounting department. A background in the government defense contracting will enable the successful candidate to manage AR/AP, revenue recognition, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, cash management and forecasting.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a core team of two accounting staff locally in the areas of AR/AP, general ledger, billing, time collections and payroll. Oversee day-to-day operations of the finance and accounting departments and ensure reasonable discounts are taken on A/P, periodic bank reconciliations are completed, and that all transactions are collected, processed, and/or posted in a timely manner.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range finance and accounting departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Direct and coordinate accounting and project reporting, budget management, and cash management functions, and monitor company’s cash position and prepare weekly cash management report.
• Establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures to maintain the company's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and reporting requirements.
• Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and identify and incorporate improvements to financial reporting processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Maintain accurate, reliable financial information to monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget, and prepare, present and oversee financial reporting processes to include weekly revenue reporting to project/task managers, monthly financial meetings, and annual reporting requirements.
• Develop and monitor indirect rate structure to ensure compliance with the applicable CAS and DCAA regulations.
• Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and project/product investment decisions.
• Prepare for and participate in all financial audits.
• Monitor the Corporation’s capital expenditures to ensure accurate tracking, depreciation and amortization, and disposal.
• Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop near-term and long-term business plans for the company.
• Manage the preparation of the annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses, financial outlooks and forecasts.
• Participate in annual budget planning to include the overall operating budget, project budgets, and provisional indirect rate budgets submitted to DCAA; and recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of company departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in the government contracting industry.
• 6+ years of management experience.
• Advanced knowledge and administration of automated financial, accounting, and project reporting systems with a specific emphasis on Deltek Costpoint 7, Time and Expense, IBM Cognos 10 Express Manager reporting, ADP Payroll.
• Extensive experience in ACRN billing, creating electronic iRAPT (Invoicing, Receipt, Acceptance and Property Transfer) files.
• Demonstrated experience in a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures to include budgeting, and cost control principles, including CAS and GAAP
• Customary knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations governing defense contracting, federal, state, and local tax regulations.
• Ability to analyze financial data and produce financial reports, statements and projections.
• Knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
• Demonstrated intrapersonal skills to communicate, motivate, and supervise personnel to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Must be a US Citizen as selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and may have to meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
Salary: 110-120K DOE
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500