|Position:||Buyer I (3646)|
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, headquartered in Arlington, VA is searching for a full-time Buyer I for the Purchasing Department.
Responsible for purchasing materials, equipment, supplies, and services from multiple vendors. Solicits and evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers. Buyer will manage procurements from “cradle to grave”. The successful candidate will work directly with a wide variety of customer and vendor scientists and engineers. Some experience working with machine shops, custom fabricators, and scientific instrument vendors is preferred. The buyer will support the Receiving and Shipping aspects of the materials and supplies by performing basic receiving inspections, verifying parts lists, and working with the customer and vendor to resolve material discrepancies. The buyer will make deliveries at the customer facility as required using corporate vehicles. The buyer must maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, including quick turnaround purchases under tight deadlines. The buyer will perform administrative support tasks (processing invoices, entering material into tracking databases, preparing DD1149 forms) as required. Successful candidate will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and will work under the immediate supervision of the Purchasing Director. The Primary job functions typically require a certain level of independent judgment, increasing as experience is gained.
Skills and Qualifications:
• An Associate’s Degree or equivalent. A higher level degree is preferred. Knowledge of commonly-used purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Experience working in a government contractor purchasing department is preferred. Knowledge of the FAR/DFAR is a plus.
• Strong IT Skills including demonstrable PC experience. [proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)]. Deltek/Costpoint experience is highly desired.
• Strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will project a professional image, show initiative, be dependable, and be willing to learn.
• Excellent organizational skills are a must. The ability to multi-task and to manage time is essential.
• Familiarity with basic scientific terms and concepts, specifically related to physics and space flight is desired. The ability to understand basic technical specifications is also desired.
• Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and climb stairs.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is required. An existing DoD Secret clearance is strongly preferred.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500