|Position:||Senior Structural Dynamics Analyst (3572)|
|Description:||Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing
high-quality engineering and IT services to government and
industry, is searching for a Sr. Structural Dynamics
Analyst to support programs within our Engineering and
Technical Services Group. Work assignments will be at our
customer facility in the Washington, D.C. locale.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
• Work as the senior Subject Matter Expert on space
vehicle structural dynamics for the Naval Center for Space
• Guide and assist engineers in various specialties (such
as thermal design, space mechanisms, electrical design,
and structural layout) and various experience levels on
multiple concurrent programs.
• Provide a deep knowledge and experience base to create
and refine complex structural analytical models of both
large and small space vehicles and accurately predict the
vehicle response to ground and air transportation, launch,
separation, deployment, and maneuver loads.
• Perform semi-static loads analysis, modal analysis,
shock response analysis, flight loads analysis, and
dynamic loads analysis.
• Work closely with design engineers, scientists, launch
vehicle providers, payload providers, and other
• Create innovative techniques and approaches to the
analysis of innovative structures.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
and 15 years aerospace structural analysis experience, or
master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and
7 years aerospace structural analysis experience.
• Expertise in the application of space launch vehicle
vibration and acoustic survey data to structural models to
optimize the structural weight of satellite vehicles.
• Expertise in NASTRAN (or similar FEM tool), MATLAB, and
one or more 3-D design tools (ProEngineer, Unigraphics);
ability to program in C++
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team
oriented, flexible, innovative and able to perform well in
an unstructured environment are all required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
• Must be a US Citizen
• A Secret clearance is required immediately
• Ability to obtain higher clearance level required.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment,
competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package
including paid personal leave and holidays, salary
deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting
on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a
short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and
To apply for this position, please use our employment
website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the
position you are interested in, and click on “apply for
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be
contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying
applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check.
Submittals without salary requirements may not be
Praxis, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500